Let’s Play Music (Ages 4 – 6)
Let’s Play Music is the paramount program for developing the complete musician starting at ages 4, 5 or 6 years, during the early part of the musical window ending at 9 years. In this 3 year program, kids get to experience the concepts of music through ear training, learning to sing in tune, reading music, understanding rhythm, playing piano, learning chord theory, and writing their own piano composition! In first year we play tone bells & autoharp and then move to keyboard in second year. By third year, we are learning all the notes on the staff and learning to change keys. Kids graduate knowing how to sing in tune while playing piano, and they write a piano composition in the last semester to culminate all their knowledge. Many graduates continue with piano lessons but some change instruments and move to guitar, violin, etc.
2019/2020 Enrollment Information
- Classes start in July of each year with enrollment beginning in February. A free class is required unless another family member has been in the program. Space is limited in the fall classes so contact Certified Let’s Play Music Teacher, Marina McLennan (480.619-0300 / email@example.com), to be put on an interest list and then you will be invited to a free class starting in February.
- There are 15 weeks per semester, observing the Chandler School District fall, winter, and spring breaks. A recital is held each spring. The recital fee is included in the annual registration fee.
- In first year, the fall semester is called Red Balloons and the spring semester is called Blue Bugs. A parent (or another adult) participates every second week. Kids learn to sing, play tone bells and autoharp, learn to read the lines and spaces on the staff, and much more. Classes are weekly for 45 minutes.
- In second year, the fall semester is called Green Turtle Shells and the spring semester is called Yellow Arrows. A parent (or another adult) participates monthly. We begin to play keyboard (one per child), build our knowledge of the grand staff, and learn the notes on the keyboard. Classes are weekly for 50 minutes.
- In third year, the fall semester is called Purple Magic and the spring semester is called Orange Roots. A parent (or another adult) participates monthly. We learning all the notes on the staff, sing and play level 1 & 2 piano repertoire, learn to change key signatures, and finally write a piano composition. Classes are weekly for 1 hour.
- After the free class, enroll online at www.letsplaymusicsite.com using the enrollment ID “44151”or by contacting the teacher Marina McLennan by phone or e-mail.
- Parents attend on lessons 1, 5, 9, and 13.
- Classes are located in the East Valley School of Music Performance Hall.
- Monthly tuition is due on lessons: 1, 5, 9, & 13. Make checks payable to Exercise Rhymes, LLC or pay online.
- First Year: Materials are $88 or $33 for siblings, the annual registration fee is $25, and tuition is $65/month for 8 months per year or $255 per 4 month semester.
- Second Year: Materials are $64 or $50 for siblings, the annual registration fee is $25, and tuition is $75/month for 8 months per year or $295 per 4 month semester.
- Third Year: Materials are $72 or $58 for siblings, the annual registration fee is $25, and tuition is $85/month for 8 months per year or $335 per 4 month semester.
- Click here to view the Let’s Play Music complete 3-year program cost.
Let’s Play Music and Sound Beginnings are nationally recognized music programs with instructors all over the country. We are happy to bring this curriculum to your community! Other teachers in the area can be found at www.letsplaymusicsite.com.